This entry was posted on July 1, 2019.
July 1, 2019
Groundscare Machinery Salesperson
Vacancy for a professional groundscare machinery salesperson with scope to grow into the role of Principal for the Kubota groundscare franchise.
Atkins are Ireland’s longest established farm and garden machinery dealership and are proud to represent many industry leading brands from our base on the Carrigrohane Road in Cork. Our garden machinery division serves both the domestic and professional groundscare markets. Our professional groundscare portfolio is built around the Kubota franchise which we hold for most of the Munster region. The position of Groundscare Machinery Salesperson is currently held by a valued long service employee who is approaching retirement age.
The Role includes:
- Sales of professional groundscare machinery comprising Kubota mowers, compact tractors and utility vehicles as well as associated products from other suppliers;
- Promote and facilitate customer support for these customers in conjunction with the service and stores department;
- Demonstrations of machinery to prospective customers;
- Installations of machinery with customers;
- Collections of machinery from customer for service/repair in cases where it is appropriate to do so;
- Forward planning stock requirements and purchasing accordingly;
- Management of the relationship with Kubota;
- Management of the relationship with a number of sub-dealers who we also offer our product range through;
- Submissions of special price requests to the supplier for certain prospective deals;
- Registration of items with the supplier when sold (commences the warranty period);
- Preparation of and attendance at shows.
- Foremost, the candidate needs to be a flexible and a hard working “grafter” who thrives on identifying sales opportunities and pursuing sales leads to a successful conclusion;
- A prior experience in a technical sales role is very much favoured;
- A trailer license, or a willing to acquire one, is required. A willingness to pull a trailer regularly to facilitate collections, installations, demonstrations and show movements is expected;
- An appreciation of how machinery works is essential. Familiarity with the landscaping industry and products would be an advantage on top of that;
- Must be able to self-manage and plan effectively;
- A financial acumen to understand margins and price structures.
- Starting base salary: €30k - €40k based on experience;
- Commission: paid as a percentage of profit, earnings in excess of €10k would be a reasonable expectation in time;
- Pension: membership of a group scheme with meaningful employer contributions;
- A 4WD vehicle;
- Business tools as required such as a laptop and phone.
- CV’s to email@example.com by 30/07/19.